Awards & Recognition Won By FORCE
Over the years, FORCE has been awarded and recognized for the work done in the area of Water Conservation & Sanitation.
Some of the key awards & recognition received by FORCE are listed below:
- FORCE founder, Jyoti Sharma was nominated by the Ministry of Water Resources as a member of the Drafting Committee for National Framework Water Law
- Finalist (3rd Prize) in the National Urban Water Award 2009 instituted by the Ministry of Urban Development
- Won the second (2nd) prize in the All-India 4th National HRD Network – BIMTECH case study competition for the work done on Solid Waste Management in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Nominated by Ministry of Water Resources as a member of the Task Force for Optimization and Integration of Water Quality Monitoring stations
- Jyoti was Awarded the ‘Ashoka Innovator for Public Fellowship’ in 2009 for the P-4 Partnership Approach
- Jyoti was also nominated to run with the Olympic Torch in India for the Beijing Olympics 2008.
- FORCE president has been nominated on the ‘Advisory Committee for Groundwater Management and Regulation’ by the Deputy Commissioners of 9 districts of Delhi
- Panelist on Civil Society Consultations held for Groundwater Management, Sustainable Water and Sanitation solutions for the Urban Poor.
- Jyoti was a Jury member for the National Water Awards for 2021.